Wednesday, April 1, 2009

France By Watercolor #2

Hello again, I'm posting the second of Claire's watercolors today along with her comments on it. A little background information is necessary for you to understand her story.  As Claire was finalizing the details of her co-op and flying to Chicago to pick up her work visa she found out she had a number of inexplicable tears in her retina. She had to undergo an emergency surgery on both eyes and was confined to her room, blind, for several days. Claire was forced to wait several more weeks for her follow up examination to hear the doctor's evaluation.  Without approval she would not be able to fly again which would end her co-op before it even began. Happily she was cleared to fly and quickly left for Annecy and a French residency. One of the reasons I post Claire's work is to celebrate this story.~TW
"I was sitting on a bench at the far north end of Lake Annecy. While I was painting this I mainly thought about my recent intensive eye surgery I had right before I moved to France and how glad I was to be regaining my eyesight."

1 comment: