Sunday, May 3, 2009

More from Baltimore: It's a Small World After All





Baltimore is an amazing city for experimental music and cheap/non-existent cover charges.  This past Friday night, I headed down to the HEXAGON for the first Homemade Dance Music Night at which locals could bring their own electronic dance music tracks to be played.  The best part about this venue is that it is volunteer-run, and the front room is a gallery featuring local artists.  
Although I had gone to film the electronic dance mixes, I got a personal tour of the featured artworks by the artists themselves.  By the end of the night, I had met a guy from Cincinnati (he went to Hughes High School), viewed a textile piece threaded with real horse hair, and discovered that BYOB meant a much more relaxed and fun time at the counter.  I almost forgot that I was in downtown Baltimore-- not at an old friend's apartment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment